Monday, April 26, 2010

Levain Bakery

This place is another Throwdown notable. Although, I’ve heard the cookies are a highlight, I was a little worried about paying $4 for a single cookie. Once I tried the oatmeal raisin cookie, I realized that I probably would be willing to pay $5 or $6 or even $7 for these gooey on the inside crunchy on the outside masterpieces. As impressed as I was with the oatmeal raisin cookies I was somewhat disappointed with the chocolate walnut cookies, those flavors just didn’t mix too good with this type of cookie.

Needless to say, two days later, I was back for another round of cookies. I gave another try to the chocolate walnut (same results) but also tried a Binniono, which is a baked doughnut with a seedless raspberry filling. Very good with none of the oil and grease you get from a regular doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment